Monday, March 5, 2012

Second Verse, Same as the First (Weekly summary)

Weight: 219 lbs.
Weekly Change: None
Overall Change: None
Next goal weight: 214
BMI: 31.4 (obese) (using this calculator)
Waist Circumference: 39 inches
Disease Risk: Very High (according to this chart)
Jeans Size: 20
Total Workouts: 0
Total Running Time: 0
Total Running Distance: 0
Longest Single Run: N/A
Progress on Training Plan(s): Still trying to start this Couch to 5K program again.
Total Flights of Stairs: 45
Status of Busted Toe: Still healing very slowly. I'm paranoid that the huge broken section will catch on something and rip completely off. *shudder*
Last Week's Goal(s): Well I only had one goal (to do one walking workout), and I didn't meet it, so I didn't get off to the best start. However, participating in the Take the Stairs Challenge definitely helped me get moving more when I'm not fully engaged in a workout. I've already started taking extra trips up and down the stairs in my home!
Next Event Goal: None yet, though my post about goals should be coming this week!
Next Week's Goals: If at first you don't succeed, yadda yadda. My goal for this week once again will be to do JUST ONE walking workout. I'd love to do more, but I will be satisfied with one. My secondary goal will be to walk 5 more flights of stairs than last week. I would aim for a bigger increase than that, but I'm not yet sure what is reasonable to expect.

Analysis: I'm a little surprised that I didn't meet my goal for the week, because I felt pretty motivated and excited about getting started. I lost track of how many times I almost squeezed in a walk, before getting distracted by a child or another urgent task. On the bright side, I got a lot of other important things accomplished last week (like registering my kids for the next school year, and filing our taxes), so it wasn't simply laziness that kept me from exercising. Life is always full of responsibilities, and parenting is all about meeting other people's pressing needs. My natural inclination is to sacrifice myself for the people who depend on me, and I won't be ashamed of that because I believe it's what I should do. However, I do need to work on not completely neglecting myself either. After all, I'm no good to my family if I am not healthy enough to take care of them properly! So my challenge, as always, is making my health a higher priority than it usually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment