Sunday, January 24, 2016

Tonsillectomy Recovery: Day 12

Totally forgot to weigh myself today. Oops.

I no longer have much to update. My diet is almost entirely back to normal. My throat pain lessens a little more each day. I still need to sleep propped up at night and still wake up with pain each morning, but it subsides quickly as I drink water to moisten my throat. At night I'm still taking Tylenol PM to help me sleep, but I no longer need any paid meds at all, even OTC, during the day. I actually got brave and took a look at my throat this evening, and it's really healing! I did not see many scabs left at all. Lots of redness and some swelling still though.

The biggest thing I have left to conquer is getting all my energy back. I went out and shoveled some snow today and at first it felt great! Then after awhile, all of a sudden I did not feel great anymore. I think I overexerted a little. Not only was I exhausted, but the entire back of my mouth and throat area ached in a strange way. I know I'm past the most dangerous period when bleeding is likely to occur, but I don't want to take any chances, so I'll go back to taking it easy for a few more days at least.

Thanks to Snowzilla, my office is closed tomorrow. I imagine it will be open on Tuesday but I think I might start back by working a half day from home and ease myself back into my routines. I'm not sure if I'll go back to the office late this week or wait until Monday.

My post-op follow up appointment with the ENT is Thursday. After that I will write a final recovery wrap up, and then hopefully shift gears back into training mode!!

No comments:

Post a Comment