Friday, January 22, 2016

Tonsillectomy Recovery: Day 10

Weight: 217
Change from yesterday: none
Change overall: -8

I think my weight loss has stopped. I lost less than I originally expected, but I also was eating a lot more than I expected since I had to eat with the pain meds in order to avoid the nausea/vomiting. I'm going to continue keeping track of my weight for a while though, to see if I start gaining it back quickly now that I'm easing back into solid foods (and there's a blizzard going on! Bring on the cozy comfort foods!).

Today started out rough. Waking-up pain was about the same as the past two mornings, and I just felt completely exhausted. I was really hoping to have more energy today, to start getting up and DOING stuff again. Lacking that energy dampened my spirits, despite the onset of the snowstorm I've been tracking and anticipating all week. I even had to take a nap!

BUT (and that's a pretty big but, teehee), I made HUGE progress with eating today! I had a McDonald's cheeseburger for lunch, and then a bowl of chili for dinner. I love love love chili on a snowy day -- it was just perfect. I drank a Diet Coke also, which felt a little weird but didn't hurt my throat. Even though I regularly drink a good bit of water, I've gotten bored of drinking JUST water, so it was great to have something different.

So by the end of the day, the food and the snow had re-energized me. As I type, I'm OUT of bed, watching a movie in the living room while I can also watch the snow as it falls. I'm feeling confident that I will have enough energy tomorrow to do some fun snow day activities with the kids (though I accept that I might have to take a nap, and will certainly have to take some breaks from talking).

I took my last two percocet today. Still have the tylenol with codeine on standby if I need it, but otherwise I'm going to try getting along with just OTC painkillers now. I'll start with Tylenol PM at bedtime tonight. Here's hoping it leads to restful sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment