Thursday, January 21, 2016

Tonsillectomy Recovery: Day 9

Weight: 217
Change from yesterday: none
Change overall: -8

The good news: today has been about the same as yesterday!
The bad news: today has been about the same as yesterday!

I'm grateful that I did not take a step backwards in my recovery today, but I must admit I was a little disappointed not to make any progress either. Nearly everything I reported from yesterday was almost exactly the same today. I feel like I'm trapped in some sort of limbo between suffering and normalcy. It's not the worst place in the world to be, but I'd still prefer to breakthrough to the other side!!

Went a long time today without any pain meds, taking them only once I really needed them. I guess that is some progress. Will continue the weaning tonight and tomorrow. I'm almost out of percocet but I have a few tylenol with codeine left from when I had the abscess, so I have a back up in case the pain suddenly worsens when I'm off the meds.

The next step, other than getting off the drugs, is starting to be up and around more. I will start that tomorrow. I hope to have enough energy to get out and enjoy the massive snowfall by Sunday! I will probably still mostly take it easy though, and increase my activity gradually.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the magic day when most people start to feel like themselves again -- hoping it works out that way for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment