Sunday, January 24, 2016

Tonsillectomy Recovery: Day 11

Weight: 218
Change from yesterday: +1
Change overall: -7

Today was great! I ate lots of normal food (french toast for breakfast! tortellini with marinara sauce and a piece of garlic bread for dinner! CAKE!!!), and was up and out of my bed for more than half the day!

I wore myself out in the morning doing some household tasks, and it made me very frustrated that I needed to rest for a while midday. But I rallied later on, and went for a short walk outside in the snow (my first time outside the house since the surgery!!), played a board game with my family, and watched a movie on the couch. I did have to take some tylenol with codeine after talking too much made my throat hurt, but otherwise I felt pretty good.

I'm still frustrated at not being back to normal yet, but I'm trying to be patient. I really ought to just be grateful that I'm doing as well as I am at this point, because I know some recoveries don't go this well. Mine certainly wasn't perfect, but it was not nearly as awful as I'd feared, and it's wrapping up just in time for me to enjoy this beautiful snowstorm. I can't wait to get outside tomorrow! I know I will still get tired and need to rest, but hopefully tomorrow will be a little better than today was.

No comments:

Post a Comment