Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Tonsillectomy Recovery: Day 7

Weight: 218
Change from yesterday: -2
Change overall: -7

Today was rough. It felt like my body and mind both hit the wall. I was exhausted, in more pain than yesterday, starving, and bored out of my mind. I've tried to be patient and have a positive attitude throughout this process, knowing it was going to be a long road, but today I ran out of positivity and just wanted to be HEALED already!!!

I miss food. I miss being able to talk. I miss being able to lie down and not have to sleep propped up. I miss being able to communicate with my kids and be involved in their lives. I'd say I miss going outside of the house, but it was bitter cold today so I was still pretty content to be inside. ;-)

Anyway, as miserable as I was today, I got through the day. The minutes and hours passed by, as slowly as ever, but they did pass. There's a lot of hype surrounding the massive snowstorm headed our way this weekend, so following all the latest info was a welcome distraction. Then my day ended on a nice note when my hubby braved the cold and went out to get me a milkshake from Chick Fil A! Heaven in a cup!!! I had to keep drinking water throughout because the milkshake definitely made me phlegmy (I can see why people suggest avoiding dairy!), but it was worth it to indulge in this treat that brought a smile to my face.

I go to sleep tonight happy and re-energized to endure the healing that remains. Given the sharp pains I felt today, I'm guessing the scabs are starting to come off? So that should mean more pain ahead. Yippie! Oh well, it's all part of the process. I can do this. There's a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's shining on a beautiful snowfall that awaits me as sort of a reward for surviving! Just a few more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment