Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Steady Progress {Weekly Summary}

Weight: 215
Weekly Change: -1
Overall Change: -4 from "starting weight" of 219
Next goal weight: 214 (Even though I have a new "big" weight goal I'm working toward, I will still have mini-goals along the way!)
BMI: 31.3(obese) (using this calculator)
Waist Circumference: still 38 inches
Disease Risk: Very High (according to this chart)
Jeans Size: 18
Total Workouts: 5 (3 run, 2 swim)
Total Running Time: About 1 hour and 13 min.
Total Running Distance: about 6 miles.
Longest Single Run: 27 min./2.25 (no walking!)
Progress on Training Plan(s): I am starting week 2 of this 10K training plan
Progress in Sit Up/Push Up Challenge: Up to 46 push ups and 92 crunches
Highest Daily Step Count: 17,138 steps
Injury Report: The ice and ibuprofen seem to be helping with my leg pain. It hasn't been as bad this week, even with a full running schedule. I will keep up the same routine and see how it goes.
Last Week's Goal(s): Ack, I came so close to completing all three goals this week! I did run and swim at least twice each, but I didn't find time to get on the bike this weekend. I did lose another pound, and I did take my "before" pictures and blog about my photo challenge. I'd call that a pretty successful week!
Next Event Goal: I need to make a decision on at least one 5K tomorrow, so I might have something to add here next week, but for now my next event remains the Marine Corps Marathon 10K in October.
This Week's Goals: (1) Run and swim at least twice each, and bike once. (2) Lose at least one more pound, which would mean hitting my first mini weight loss goal. (3) Make a decision about some fall 5K's.

Analysis: I don't have a whole lot to say about this past week -- it was a good one! My three runs were increasingly long and strong. My swims were still awkward, but it will take a while to get back into my groove in the water. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't ride my bike, but it couldn't be helped -- I was too busy watching lots of other people ride THEIR bikes...through the streets around London, to be precise. Once the Olympics are over, I'll have a little more free time for my own athletic endeavors. It felt good to lose another pound, but I don't think I will feel confident about it until I lose another one or two and start seeing the numbers consistently go down. I'm excited to keep working at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment