Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Oh? Was it Hot Outside? {Weekly Summary}

Weight: STILL 216
Weekly Change: N/A
Overall Change: -3 from "starting weight" of 219
Next goal weight: 214
BMI: 31.4(obese) (using this calculator)
Waist Circumference: 38 inches
Disease Risk: Very High (according to this chart)
Jeans Size: 18
Total Workouts: 5 (2 runs, 3 swims)
Total Running Time: 42 min.
Total Running Distance: 3.5 miles
Longest Single Run: 21 min./1.75m (NO walking!!))
Progress on Training Plan(s): I'm starting Week 11 of this Couch to 5K program .
Progress in Sit Up/Push Up Challenge: Up to 40 push ups and 80 crunches
Highest Daily Step Count: 16,568 (swimming counts as steps too but I'm only going to count non-swim days in this stat)
Injury Report: Toe hasn't bothered me as much. Leg and ankle seem to be doing better.
Last Week's Goal(s): Hmm I guess I accomplished my first goal, even though I also chose to sleep in. My pool was open on July 4th so I went for a swim around lunchtime. It was nice to both sleep in AND complete a workout! That was my second swim of the week, too, so with that I accomplished another of my weekly goals. The only one left undone was the bike thing. Again.
Next Event Goal: Still haven't chosen any 5K's, so my next event remains the Marine Corps Marathon 10K in October.
This Week's Goals: (1) Get a bike working. Seriously. (2) Come up with a weight loss strategy. (3) Write at least three blog posts.

Analysis: It was a hot week, but that didn't stop me from completing five workouts! One of them was a brutal treadmill run that involved LOTS of walking, but I toughed it out just like the last time I struggled on the treadmill. Right now I'm in a good place, psychologically, where rough workouts don't get me down and instead I feel stronger for doing the best I can and not giving up. I'm feeling so good about my slow but steady progress that I'm daring to dream of possibilities for the future again. At the moment, I think a triathlon probably isn't going to happen until next summer, but I have a really cool one in mind that should be worth the wait. Between now and then, if all goes well with the 10K in October, I may focus on running for a while and set some new race goals. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but I'm enjoying running enough now that I feel more confident about what I can achieve in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment