Tuesday, July 17, 2012

An App for This and That {Tuesday Tips}

My dinosaur days are behind me -- I finally got a smartphone! Naturally, I'm exploring the wild and wonderful world of apps.

Already I've started using MapMyFitness, which I can use to log walks, runs, bike rides, swims, and even my push ups and crunches. I can use the GPS to track me outside, or just enter the info from a treadmill run after the fact. I know there are many other features of the program too, but I haven't had a chance to explore them all yet.

I like the app so far, and I think it will suit my needs. However, I'm still curious about what other health & fitness-related apps are out there. What do you use? What do you like about it, and what do you dislike? Does it make it easier for you to achieve your fitness goals? Do you tend to post workout info from your phone to websites like Facebook?

If you also use MapMyFitness, do you have any tips for me? Are there any features I should try out, or any I should avoid?

Thanks for sharing!

2 comments:

  1. I use CardioTrainer. It has a web server that saves all my workouts so even if I changes phones, I don't lose all my data. Plus you can pair it with NOOM and that allows you to track your dieting habits as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I already mentioned MyFitnessPal to you a little while ago. It's a fantastic food tracker with pre-programmed meals and a UPC scanner so you can scan things as you add them to you homemade meals and it will calculate your calories. It gives you goals and tracks your progress. I really enjoyed it and plan to start using it again as soon as I kick out this baby!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete