Monday, July 16, 2012

One Foot in Front of the Other... {Weekly Summary}

Weight: 217
Weekly Change: +1 (but I'm pretty sure it's just bloat)
Overall Change: -2 from "starting weight" of 219
Next goal weight: 214
BMI: 31.6(obese) (using this calculator)
Waist Circumference: forgot to measure, probably still 38 inches
Disease Risk: Very High (according to this chart)
Jeans Size: 18
Total Workouts: 4 (3 runs, 1 walk)
Total Running Time: 72 min.
Total Running Distance: 6 miles
Longest Single Run: 24 min./2m (NO walking!!))
Progress on Training Plan(s): I'm starting Week 12 of this Couch to 5K program .
Progress in Sit Up/Push Up Challenge: Up to 42 push ups and 84 crunches
Highest Daily Step Count: 15, 215 steps
Injury Report: No injuries of note at the moment, but a mild stomach bug is making life difficult.
Last Week's Goal(s): Okay, technically my husband accomplished my first goal for me, getting my bike functional. However, I decided to run instead of ride on Saturday, and then spent Sunday rather ill, so I still haven't actually ridden the bike. One step at a time... As for goal number 2, I'm not sure if I've come up with much of a strategy other than just to start paying attention to what I eat again, and make better choices most of the time. It's mostly about changing my mentality. If that counts as a strategy, then I accomplished that as well. And I also wrote three blog posts, so overall the week was a success!
Next Event Goal: Still haven't chosen any 5K's (though I currently have at least 2 in mind), so my next event remains the Marine Corps Marathon 10K in October.
This Week's Goals: (1) Actually ride the bike at least once. (2) Lose at least one pound. (3) Take a "before" picture and write a post about the photo plan.

Analysis: I wish I had a good excuse for not swimming last week, but I don't. I just couldn't drag my lazy butt out of bed those mornings. I think I made up for it with my runs, though! Not only did I manage to get up early to run during the week, but I also toughed out a miserable afternoon run on Saturday! And in doing so, I reminded myself why I only run outside at the crack of dawn in the summer. I am NOT a good hot weather runner. It took a lot of walking to get me through my whole workout, but I never gave up! I'm also proud of managing to run the whole 24 min./2 miles once this week without walking. That was Thursday's run, and it felt fantastic! Even though I verbally committed to a new focus on weight loss, I didn't really put that new focus into practice too much, but I'm working on that hardcore this week, so hopefully I'll have something to report in my next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment