Monday, July 23, 2012

Cautiously Pessimistic {Weekly Summary}

Weight: 216
Weekly Change: -1
Overall Change: -3 from "starting weight" of 219
Next goal weight: 214
BMI: 31.4(obese) (using this calculator)
Waist Circumference: forgot to measure, probably still 38 inches
Disease Risk: Very High (according to this chart)
Jeans Size: 18
Total Workouts: 3 (1 run, 1 swim, 1 bike)
Total Running Time: 21 min.
Total Running Distance: 1.75 miles
Longest Single Run: 21 min./1.75 (with walking)
Progress on Training Plan(s): I'm switching from my Couch to 5K plan to this 10K training plan
Progress in Sit Up/Push Up Challenge: Up to 43 push ups and 86 crunches
Highest Daily Step Count: 14,414 steps
Injury Report: Last week I had some mild calf pain that seemed too inconsequential to even mention here. Then I ran again, and it got worse. I decided to rest a few days to nip the problem in the bud, but the pain hasn't gone away entirely. I am concerned. There is pain in both legs, in slightly different yet similar places. It hurts when I walk, and sometimes even when I'm sitting still. Now that I've officially registered for an October 10K, I'm afraid to rest too much when I should be training, but I'm also afraid of ending up with a real injury that keeps me from the race completely. I guess my plan at the moment is to try running this week, and use ice and ibuprofen to cope with any pain that appears post-workout. If it keeps getting worse throughout the week, I'll go back to resting next week. Hoping and praying for the best possible outcome!
Last Week's Goal(s): I rode my bike!!! I really did!!! And now I need to ask for advice, so I'll write all about that tomorrow in Tuesday Tips. Meanwhile, I also lost a pound, so that's another goal accomplished. It may have just been a pound of retained water, but I'll take any loss I can get at this point. I guess I went 2 for 3, because I didn't manage to take a "before" photo and post about my photo plan. Keep an eye out for that this coming week!
Next Event Goal: Still haven't chosen any 5K's (on the verge of registering for a couple but afraid to commit the money while I'm having leg pain!), so my next event remains the Marine Corps Marathon 10K in October.
This Week's Goals: (1) Run and swim at least twice each, and bike once. (2) Lose at least one more pound. (3) Take a "before" picture and write a post about the photo plan.

Analysis: I'm back to struggling with mornings again, and having leg pain and the pool closed for four days for a swim meet didn't help any. It would have been nice to complete more than three workouts, but at least my work walking challenge keeps me somewhat active on the days when I don't get in any sustained exercise. Right now the biggest thing going on is my paranoia over my leg pain. I'm so afraid of injuring myself that it's all I can think about at the moment!! I should be rejoicing in taking a big step along this journey by getting on the bike yesterday, and I should also be working harder at weight loss, but mostly I'm just worrying. I really hope I can have a good run with minimal pain tomorrow morning to restore my confidence and allow me to refocus my mental energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment