Thursday, March 3, 2011

Winning!

No, I don't have tiger blood or Adonis DNA, but I am channeling a bit of Charlie Sheen's self-confidence (misguided though his may be) today! I ran this morning for the second time this week, and it went really well! That put me in a good mood that lasted all day long. :)

My week is going well both physically and mentally. I might actually make it to a total of five workouts this week, but even more importantly, I'm already perfectly content with what I've done so far. A friend gave me a thought to ponder a couple of weeks ago, and I've started to look at things in terms of where I am now, not where I was before the pregnancy or where I hope to be in 6 months or so. Where I am right now cannot compare to those times, and dwelling on the past or the fantasy of the future will only make me feel bad about my current reality.

When I focus on just where I am now, and making the most of how I feel like I said I wanted to do this month, I can see that things are good. My running has become consistent, and now that I'm happy with the amount that I'm doing, it feels like an enormous accomplishment to achieve my goal for each run. For a while, I was not enjoying pregnant running because it was so different from non-pregnant running and I just felt weak and out of shape. Now I'm finally enjoying running again, because I'm surprised and pleased that it still feels as good as it does at this point. After each time I run, I ask myself, "Was that my last run until after the baby is born?" And each time the answer has been a resounding "NO!"

I still don't know how much longer I'll be able to continue, but every time I have a good run, I know I'm at least one more run, and probably more, away from being done. And that makes me feel great...it makes me feel special. To quote my new idol for self-confidence: "I'm tired of pretending like I'm not special. I'm tired of pretending like I'm not a total bitchin' rock star from Mars!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment