Sunday, February 27, 2011

22 Weeks - Still Running

Workouts this week: 2
Total swim time: 30 min
Total run/walk mileage: 3.0 (1 mile of that was running)
Other workouts: None
Weight: 198 lbs
Total weight gained: 14 lbs

I set goals for myself to have a better week than the one prior, and I failed to meet those goals. Instead of doubling my runs and swims, they remained the same and I had HALF as many total workouts.

Oddly enough though, I don't really feel as angry at myself as I normally would. My one run was a good one -- this time the quarter-mile-at-a-time method worked and I was able to complete a whole mile. That restored my confidence in my ability to keep running a reasonable amount, for now. I haven't had to slow my speed either. I've slightly slowed my walking speed in between runs because catching my breath is a little more difficult than it used to be, but I'm still running at my previous (already slow) speed. :)

My one swim this week went well also. I'm still feeling strong in the water and breathing well. On a practical level, I can still climb the ladder to get out of the deep end of the pool (I'm anticipating that getting much more difficult when I become extremely front-heavy!). And on a silly, shallow level, I'm still wearing the same swimsuit that I was before I got pregnant. Granted, the only reason it still fits is that the pool chemicals have caused it to wear down and stretch way out, but still, it's one of the only items of pre-pregnancy clothing I can still wear, so I'm celebrating it! :)

I choose to focus on the quality rather than the quantity of this past week's workouts, and therefore I feel good, and I feel thankful for feeling good. I did get in a run today but I will count it in next week's totals. I usually count my weeks from Monday to Sunday, but for purposes of this pregnancy I'm counting them from Sunday to Saturday because my due date is a Saturday. This is a silly detail that doesn't matter at all, but I figured I'd explain it because I wanted to mention that I had another good run today. Starting off this new week strongly is probably part of why I am not letting myself get upset about the small number of workouts last week.

Once again, I am setting a goal to double my runs and swims, and since I failed to do yoga at all last week, my second goal is to do the yoga DVD again at least once. I believe I can do it! And I really NEED to do it, especially doubling the swims, because if I'm not getting my money's worth out of my monthly pool pass, I can't justify the expense of keeping it. So I need to swim 2-3 more times before it's time to renew!! Here's to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment