Saturday, February 12, 2011

20 Weeks - Still Running

Workouts this week: 2
Total swim time: 30 min
Total run/walk mileage: 2.5 (1 mile of that was running)
Weight: 196 lbs
Total weight gained: 12 lbs


I've decided to do weekly summaries to monitor my progress. Today I'm officially halfway through my pregnancy and I just finished a short run. Lately I've been running one mile, split into two halves with enough walking in between for me to catch my breath. The second half mile has been getting tougher and tougher, so I think it might be time for a change. I'd still like to complete a mile running, but it might help if I break it up into smaller increments with more walking in between. For my next run, I'll try running a quarter mile at a time and see if that is easier.

I'm frustrated with my total number of workouts. Ideally, I'd love to be exercising 3-5 times per week, including working in an occasional session of prenatal yoga. The energy and time continue to elude me though. I know that doing something is better than doing nothing, but I want to be doing MORE now while I still can!! So I will try harder this week to get to the pool and get on the treadmill more than once each.

That's all I have time for today. I'll write again soon, with some thoughts on why pregnant running is such a mental struggle! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment