Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday Tips: Good Fitness TV?

For the second time in a row, I'm bailing on The Biggest Loser halfway through the season. I used to find it very inspirational, but the producers just keep pushing the focus more and more onto drama and surprise twists, and away from healthy habits, hard work, and true fitness. It never portrayed ideal or even realistic methods of weight loss, but it used to have some real heart to it, and I feel it has lost that.

So now I am in the market for TV shows that might provide the inspiration that TBL once did. I don't think there is anything else like it on network TV, and I'm not familiar with much cable TV unless it is on ESPN or Disney/Sprout/Nick/Noggin. :)

Are there any good shows about getting/staying in shape? They don't have to be specifically about weight loss, though I do love to see that sort of transformation. I'm interested in anything that follows people's journeys, shows their progress towards their goals, and involves lots of working out and sweating!

Please share your knowledge...which shows to check out, and which to avoid! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment