Saturday, March 5, 2011

23 Weeks - Still Running

Workouts this week: 5 (!!!)
Total swim time: 1 hr, 10 min
Total run/walk mileage: 5.50 (2 miles of that was running)
Other workouts: Yoga DVD once
Weight: 200 lbs
Total weight gained: 16 lbs

Here's to meeting goals and having a great week! I must owe my success to the boost of self-confidence that I borrowed from Charlie Sheen! Hahaha

It felt awesome to get in two runs and two swims, and all strong workouts. I'm definitely following through on my plan to make the most of this month in case it's the last one where I feel good for a while. Let's hope I can keep it up a few more weeks!

The irony of my fitness experience is that it's not having the effect I expected. I was under the impression that regular exercise during pregnancy helps prevent a lot of the aches and pains that come about with the changes in the body. Maybe my case is different because I've gone through three pregnancies before and already laid some groundwork, so to speak, for all those aches and pains. I have no idea if that's a possible cause-and-effect scenario, but what I do know is that no matter how good I feel while I'm running or swimming, I'm still gradually developing the usual pains anyway.

Fortunately, the discomfort is all still pretty bearable, and hasn't curtailed my regular activity level. I'm still hoping that in the long term, the yoga at least will help keep the aches and pains from getting as severe as they have been by the end of my previous pregnancies.

Now that's enough about pain! I want to focus on what is going right these days! I'm optimistic that I'll be able to duplicate my efforts this week. A total of five workouts is probably about the best I can do, so I'm not going to try to improve on it. I'm just going to shoot for the same number, and strive to give each workout 100% effort. I gave it my all in my last two runs, but I think I could push myself a little harder in the pool, and focus a little better during yoga.

I'm also setting a separate goal of writing more blog entries this week. I don't just want to give you weekly updates on my progress, especially because there is so little to report. So this week I'm going to try to address other fitness topics that have been on my mind. During the time that I wasn't writing here at all, I was still thinking about fitness and planning for the future and being inspired by others...so I do have things to say. I hope you'll enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment