Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Still Falling Short {Weekly Summary}

Total # of Workouts: 2
Total # of Runs: 2
Longest run without walking (time): 12 minutes
Highest total running mileage in one day: approx. 2.0 miles
Total running mileage for the week: approx. 3.8 miles
Fastest speed sustained over a mile: approx. 5 mph (12 min mile)
Progress on training plans: I'm still on day 9 of my "30-day" ab challenge. I am almost done with week 5 of the 5K training plan that I'm somewhat following.
Progress on safety goals: Started researching self-defense classes.
Injury Report: No injuries, but I've been fighting this sinus gunk for over 2 weeks now. Some days are better than others. I had sinus congestion headaches for 5 days straight. Sometimes I can fight through the symptoms and exercise anyway, but sometimes the symptoms win.
Weight: 226
Weekly Change: -1
Overall Change: -4 from starting weight of 230
BMI: 32.9 (obese)
Jean Size: 20
Waist Circumference: Have not measured lately
Next Goal Weight: My first goal is just to stay under 230 for a whole month. Just one week left in March and I'm well under 230!
Next event goal: None yet.
Last week's goals: (1) Incomplete: I ran only two times. (2) Incomplete: I did zero ab workouts. (3) Incomplete: I wrote only two blog posts.
This week's goals: (1) Run 3 times. (2) Do 3 ab workouts. (3) Write 3 or more blog posts, including this one.

Analysis: Wow. I was not expecting to be writing an update like this. I really thought this was going to be the week when I finally managed to run three times, and I thought for sure I'd be able to keep up the ab workouts. Instead, life got in the way, like it loves to do. I don't want to sit here and make a million excuses. It was an incredibly busy week but I should have made that third run happen somehow. And I need to stop using my sinus congestion as an excuse not to even try to do ab workouts. I need to do better this week. It's going to be hard, because I've already gotten off to a lousy start. Luckily, I can do hard things. I've got this. My next weekly summary will be very different than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment