Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Life Would Suck Without Kelly {Inspiration of the Week}

I can't relate to people who don't run with music. I respect their focus and discipline, but I cannot fathom how they push themselves to keep going when they feel like giving up -- sometimes music is the only thing that helps me hang on!

My ipod holds a vast array of songs I love to run to, but tonight's shout-out goes to one of my favorites artists, Ms. Kelly Clarkson.

First I must confess that I did NOT watch the first season of American Idol, and I had serious doubts that the show could produce a legitimately talented star. And then I heard her on the radio for the first time, and I was blown away. I've been a fan ever since.

She has a lot of upbeat songs that sound great LOUD and thus make great background noise for running, such as "Since U Been Gone" or "I Do Not Hook Up." Last night, the end of a tough run was saved for me by the infectious "My Life Would Suck Without You." The lyrics have nothing to do with running at all, but the song is just so fun, with a pumped up beat that leaves me with no choice but to keep moving my feet! I am certain I would have had to walk at least three minutes sooner than I did last night if it weren't for that song. :)

Next on my agenda is to download her recent single, "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)," which I expect to have a similar affect on my feet. It may be about a bad break-up, but a lot of the lines can be interpreted metaphorically. And the basic message is pretty obvious -- what doesn't kill you does make you stronger, and that includes a tough workout!

I think I'll keep taking my good buddy Kelly running with me. I'm going to buy "Stronger" right now!



No comments:

Post a Comment