Monday, May 7, 2012

Deadlines are Bad for Waistlines {Weekly Summary}

Weight: 216 lbs.
Weekly Change: -2
Overall Change: -3 from "starting weight" of 219
Next goal weight: 214
BMI: 31.0 (obese) (using this calculator)
Waist Circumference: Forgot to measure but probably still 38.5 inches
Disease Risk: Very High (according to this chart)
Jeans Size: 18
Total Workouts: 0
Total Running Time: N/A
Total Running Distance: N/A
Longest Single Run: N/A
Progress on Training Plan(s): I'm starting Week 5 of this Couch to 5K program .
Progress in Sit Up/Push Up Challenge: No new progress.
Injury Report: No real change in the busted toe; still sore sometimes.
Last Week's Goal(s): Failed on all my goals.
Next Event Goal: I'm not officially saying I'm definitely aiming for this race, but my friend Jack and I are discussing maybe reprising the fun the we had in the inaugural Semper Fi 5K. This year's event is June 30th. I'd love to be able to complete a 5K by then, but I'll probably wait another month before determining whether this is a realistic goal. Update: I REALLY need to get my butt in gear if this is going to be possible!!
Next Week's Goals: All repeats: 3 runs, keeping up with my SU/PU challenge, more blog posts, and get bike working.

Analysis: Work completely took over my life last week. Other than spending time with my family, all I really had time to do was work, eat, and occasionally sleep a little. (Okay, there was also some extra eating, junk food to be precise, in the wee hours of the morning to help me stay awake. It couldn't be helped!!) This week I'm planning to get my life back to normal and just pick up where I left off with everything, including exercise. I'm really motivated to get healthy right now. I'm sure I'll post more on this topic at some point, but this past week I was reminded how precious good health is. I can't control everything that happens to my body, but I'd like to make the most of what I can control to improve my odds of living a long, active life! Take care of yourself -- you're the only YOU you've got!!

No comments:

Post a Comment