Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Walk for Your Life!! {Weekly Summary}

Weight: 218 lbs.
Weekly Change: +2
Overall Change: -1 from "starting weight" of 219
Next goal weight: 214
BMI: 31.3 (obese) (using this calculator)
Waist Circumference: 38 inches
Disease Risk: Very High (according to this chart)
Jeans Size: 18
Total Workouts: 3 (but only 2 were runs)
Total Running Time: 27 min.
Total Running Distance: 2.25 miles
Longest Single Run: 15 min./1.25m (broken up with walking)
Progress on Training Plan(s): I'm in Week 7 of this Couch to 5K program .
Progress in Sit Up/Push Up Challenge: Up to 29 push ups and 58 crunches
Highest Daily Step Count: 10,553
Injury Report: No increase in busted toe pain, and it's still not directly connected to running.
Last Week's Goal(s): The only goal I successfully completed was getting started in the walking challenge at work. Once again I had a week where I started out strong but it all fell apart over the weekend. Even the jogging stroller couldn't help me this time -- I just didn't make exercise a high enough priority.
Next Event Goal: With only a month left before the Semper Fi Fund 5K, I have an important decision to make. I know I will not be ready to run the whole thing in that time. I feel confident that I'll be able to run more than half of it by then, but I don't think I can hope for much better than that. So I need to decide if it's worthwhile to enter a race knowing that I won't be able to run the whole thing, or whether I'd prefer to save my money and wait until I actually can run 3.1 miles.
Next Week's Goals: Three runs; hit 10,000 steps every day; only one day off from crunches/push ups at a time; start biking; blog more; eat better (vague, I know); make a decision about the Semper Fi 5K.

Analysis: I'm mad at myself for failing to complete a third run, but I'm trying to focus on the positive rather than the negative, so instead I will discuss the walking challenge! So far it is doing exactly what I need it to -- it's getting me up and moving on the days when I don't run. Twice already I have hit 10,000 steps in a day, and I've logged some good walking time on the treadmill. I'm also just moving around more throughout the day in order to get as many steps in as possible so I don't have to spend quite as much time on the treadmill later. The key to my success is the structure of the challenge, because I'm part of a seven-person team. Even when I want to be lazy and I'm willing to fail myself, I'm going to push through those urges because I don't want to let the rest of my team down! This is just the motivation I need to get my butt in gear right now!!! And I really believe that once I'm getting SOME sort of exercise every day, the rest of it will all start to fall into place (the "rest of it" being the biking and swimming and weight loss, for starters). I guess we'll see in a week if I'm right and changes have begun to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment