Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Flipping Out

I've decided that this is the week when I will start to attempt flip turns!!

As I mentioned previously, this is the next challenge I want to tackle in the pool. Even though flip turns are not part of swimming in open water like I will someday do in a triathlon, I think they will help my workouts flow a lot better.

For the past couple of weeks, I've been practicing exhaling through my nose underwater, and have done a bunch of regular flips away from the wall. I think I'm ready to try a few flip turns now!

I've been studying this video from the Beginner Triathlete website: How To Do Flip Turns. I'll probably watch it a few more times...it seems helpful, and it doesn't hurt that the guy is pretty cute. :)

If all goes well, I'll make my first attempts tomorrow morning. Whether I succeed or fail, I'll report back with my results. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment