Sunday, May 22, 2011

34 Weeks - Just Breathe

Workouts this week: 0
Total walk mileage/time: 0
Weight: 215 lbs
Total weight gained: 31 lbs

I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but I managed to get in zero walks this week. I don't remember purposely being lazy. It's possible that most days I just forgot. My brain is not functioning at its top capacity these days; that's for sure!

Anyway, I'll just keep trying this week. The temperatures are going to be a little higher, and we have another crazy busy week ahead, with 3 t-ball games and my better half working 4 nights, so that is all working against me.

However, I'm taking a new approach to mornings that might help: instead of getting up when the kids do and moving super slowly and getting to work late, thus throwing my whole day off, I'm going to try getting up at a time when I am more naturally alert. You may be familiar with the concept of pregnant ladies having to pee a lot, and let me tell you, it's not just a myth!! I'm now starting to wake up at least twice per night to go, and one of those times is usually just after dawn, between 5 and 6am. I'm more alert then than I am after going back to sleep for another hour, so I'm planning to start staying awake then, and if the weather is nice, I'll go out for a short walk. Let's see if I can actually make that happen this week!

I think the main way this new plan can fail is if morning walks leave me too exhausted to function well the rest of the day. I've been fighting some major fatigue lately, and suddenly I'm having trouble doing more than one active thing per day. Luckily my job just involves sitting at a desk all day -- it's uncomfortable, but at least I'm not too tired to do it! I just get winded so easily, and find myself needing to rest and just take lots of deep breaths. So we'll see how the walking goes with all that. If it takes me too long to recover after morning walks and I'm still getting to work late, I might have to scrap walking during the week and save it for a weekend activity!!

Being so tired is not great for my morale. I still have over 5 weeks to go, and I feel like most women are still much more functional than I am at this stage of the game. If you happen to be reading this and pregnancy has completely kicked your butt before, please share your stories and help me feel a little better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment