Sunday, May 1, 2011

31 Weeks - Mind & Body Not in Sync

Workouts this week: 1, sort of
Total swim time: 0
Total walk mileage: unsure
Other workouts: 0
Weight: 212 lbs
Total weight gained: 28 lbs

I may be entering the world of denial. I still think of myself as being somewhat active, and I keep wanting to exercise, but reality isn't matching up with those sentiments. The truth is I have hardly been exercising at all.

Last week, I completely forgot to write a blog post, but it's not like I had much to report anyway. I think I went for one walk that week. This week was no better -- I can only claim one physical activity. I walked around with my 2 year-old for about an hour during my older boys' t-ball game. It wasn't steady exercise (we stopped a lot to admire butterflies, examine rocks, and watch brief moments of the game), but it was a lot of walking and more active than anything else I did all week.

Mornings are a problem for me, as always. I'm just getting more and more tired, and I never want to get up early enough to work out before going to work. Thus, I haven't been to the pool in a few weeks, and now I'm starting to feel self-conscious about being the ginormous pregnant lady flailing around the pool. I'm going to try to motivate myself to go at least once this coming week, but if I don't manage to do it, I think I'll give up on swimming until after the baby comes. It's not worth paying for a pool membership if I'm not using it.

Evenings are still options for walking, but now that the weather is nice, I don't really want to walk on the treadmill much. At the same time, it's hard to find time to get outside for a walk before it gets dark. There is just a lot to do for dinner and bedtime with three little kids. I know these all sound like a bunch of excuses, and I guess they are. At the moment I'm not feeling terribly motivated to do anything about it though. I'm uncomfortable, tired, busy, stressed, and getting to the point where I'm just trying to get through each day. The idea of still being active sounds lovely, but I'm just not getting it done right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment