Monday, April 19, 2010

Itchin' to Run!!!

Last week I said I was in no hurry to resume running. I was happy to take my time and not rush things, giving my leg as much time as possible to get stronger.

Patience never has been my strong suit. My resolve is already weakening. I want to RUN!!!

Over the weekend, I spent a lot of time playing outdoors with the kids, running around and just being very active. It felt so amazing...my leg felt perfectly normal and overall I felt pretty fit!

Then yesterday I ran the entire length of Costco and back, after we got to the checkout and realized we'd forgotten the waffles! Trust me, in our house hell hath no fury like a little boy denied his waffle. It's the breakfast of choice for all three of them nearly every.single.day. So a jog back to the frozen food coolers was necessary to avert a crisis! I think I enjoyed it way more than anyone should enjoy running through a crowded warehouse store. :)

I think the universe has been conspiring against me - or maybe it's actually in my favor! Running has been a topic all over the place lately. A good friend ran a really fun 10K yesterday that made me wish I were ready for races. Another good friend just registered for this October's Marine Corps Marathon, and suggested that I sign up for the 10K that is held the same day. I have no idea whether I could be ready by then, but I want to be! And still another friend completed her second Boston Marathon today. Consider me inspired and motivated. I MUST start running again ASAP.

Before I start another running program, I want to do some walking first. I think I'm going to hop on the treadmill tomorrow and just see what happens. I would walk outside, as the weather is supposed to be lovely this week, but since I'm going to keep swimming in the mornings, I think my only available time to walk will be at night after the kids are in bed. I'm not a big fan of walking or running in the dark, so treadmill it is!

I'm both excited and nervous at the thought of getting on the treadmill again. The last time I used it, I was in excrutiating pain. I'm praying for better results this time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment