Friday, April 16, 2010

Fabulous Friday!

After a good, consistent week of swimming, this morning I woke up with a powerful drive to push myself harder. And boy did I! For the first time, I swam the front crawl for more laps than I swam the backstroke. And I more than doubled the total number of front crawl laps, so I did 13 laps with my face in the water! Sweet triumph!

I'm still a long way from truly mastering the proper breathing technique, but I can feel myself improving every day. My comfort level just keeps increasing, and I grow more relaxed and confident with each lap. The next goal I'd like to reach in the water would be swimming a complete 30-40 minutes doing only front crawl. I'll figure out my next goal once I can accomplish that.

I didn't manage to do any yoga or other strengthening exercises for my leg this week, so I'm still not ready to start running again. I hope to start the yoga this coming week, and maybe some walking workouts the week after that. On Wednesday I'm supposed to see my orthopedist for a follow-up appointment, but I haven't had any pain since I stopped using the boot. I'm going to cancel that appointment and save the co-pay in case I need to go back if the pain returns when I resume running.

In other exciting news, I lost 2 lbs in the past week and I'm now just 4 lbs away from my next mini weight loss goal. It's been a wonderful week and I'm incredibly thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment