Saturday, June 1, 2013

An Unlucky Break

Well, before going back to basics, I'll have to go back to resting with my feet up! Yesterday, I stubbed my toes really badly on my baby's bouncy seat. The middle toe ended up swollen and discolored (and immensely painful), so I'm assuming it is broken. My internet research leads me to believe that it could take 6 weeks to heal, and during that time I should try to stay off my feet as much as possible.

Obviously this is a setback in my efforts to get fit again. I'm a little frustrated and disappointed, but I'm also thankful that I'd adopted such a laid-back approach to this whole process. I'm not going to let this upset me so much that I lose focus and give up on my goals. Instead I will give my toe the time it needs to heal, and gradually return to exercise when it's safe to do so. I have no idea how long this will take, but for now my eyes are still on the prize. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment