Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Easing Into It {Weekly Summary}

Weight: 220
Weekly Change: -1
Overall Change: Back to "starting weight" of 220
Next goal weight: 214 (pre-pregnancy weight)
BMI: 32.0 (obese) (using this calculator)
Waist Circumference: 40 inches (yikes!)
Disease Risk: Very High (according to this chart)
Jeans Size: N/A (still haven't worn jeans. might try them soon just to see which ones fit)
Total Workouts: 4
Total Walks: 4
Total Other Workouts: 0
Progress on Training Plan(s): So far succeeding with my "Back to Basics" plan
Injury Report: None to report at this time. C-section pain is gone. No new aches and pains from exercise yet, other than a little bit of back soreness that will probably ease as my core strengthens.
Last Week's Goal(s): I went 2 for 3: I walked outside at least once, and I blogged about my new fitness plan. I did not get a new battery for my pedometer.
Next Event Goal: Still planning on the Arlington 9/11 Memorial 5K.
This Week's Goals: (1) Do "Workout B" at least once. (2) Record my walks with MapMyFitness app and compare stats. (3) Get a new battery for my pedometer.

Analysis: I've gotten off to a decent start with my new fitness plan. Getting out for walks nearly every day hasn't been too difficult, even in a week that was full of kids' activities. I'm going about it the way I hoped I would too -- experimenting with different times of day and locations, sometimes going alone and other times bringing the baby in the stroller and/or some of the other kids with me. Flexibility, creativity, and determination are the keys to finding the time to exercise, because my baby's feeding/sleeping schedule is certainly not conducive to getting much done right now. That's enough analysis for this week, I guess. I don't want to overthink things; I just want to keep it simple so I can stay focused on the basics. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment