Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Shifting Gears {Weekly Summary}

Weight: 221
Weekly Change: +4 (two weeks' difference)
Overall Change: -1 from post-baby "starting weight" of 220
Pregnancy Weight Lost: 27 lbs., then 4 gained back
Pregnancy Weight Still to Lose: 7 lbs.
Next goal weight: 214 (pre-pregnancy weight)
BMI: 32.2 (obese)
Jeans Size: N/A -- haven't attempted jeans yet, but probably will soon
Total "Workouts": 6
Highest Daily Step Count: unknown, still haven't gotten the battery for my pedometer
C-Section Recovery Report: I still had a fair amount of pain the week before last, as I continued to become increasingly active. This past week has been a different story, as the pain has all but disappeared now that I'm six weeks post partum. This is usually how it works for me -- the magical switch is flipped between 5 and 6 weeks pp, and I almost suddenly feel normal again. Aside from being tired, and some of my underused muscles getting achy here and there, I feel pretty great! Today was my 6-week-pp OB appointment, and I got the "all clear" to resume all normal activities, including exercise other than walking. My doctor did say to take it slow, but that's the speed I run at anyway. :)
Last Week's Goal(s): Failed at all of them AGAIN, in both of the past 2 weeks.
Next Event Goal: Hoping to enter the Arlington 9/11 Memorial 5K again this year, even if I have to walk a lot of it.
This Week's Goals: (1) Go for at least one walk outside. (2) Map out (and blog about) my new fitness plan. (3) Get a new battery for my pedometer so I can start keeping track of my daily steps.

This update covers two weeks because I didn't manage to get a post written this week. The truth is I would have had little to write anyway. The previous week was full of stress as we tried to get ready to entertain guests and celebrate our son's First Communion and our daughter's Baptism. To cope with the stress, I started hitting the desserts pretty hard, hence the weight gain. I'm hoping only half of that is real gain and the other half is just bloat or something, but either way I know I need to put the brakes on that type of eating soon so I don't keep gaining! Now that I'm all recovered from my c-section, it's time to get serious about getting back in shape. This is not to say that I'm in a big hurry now, or that I'm going to obsess about it. I just need to set some goals and figure out how I want to go about all this, and then decide on some "rules" for myself. That's my #2 goal for this week, and I hope to get it done within the next couple of days so I can then get started on it before the week's end.

So YAY, it's time to resume the journey I started so long ago! Again. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment