Monday, June 10, 2013

No Miraculous Healing Here {Weekly Summary}

Weight: 220
Weekly Change: None
Overall Change: Still at "starting weight" of 220
Next goal weight: 214 (pre-pregnancy weight)
BMI: 32.0 (obese) (using this calculator)
Waist Circumference: 40 inches
Disease Risk: Very High (according to this chart)
Jeans Size: 20
Total Workouts: 0
Total Walks: 0
Total Other Workouts: 0
Progress on Training Plan(s): Currently on hiatus while broken toe heals
Injury Report: The broken toe is healing, but slowly. It's still somewhat discolored, and there is definitely still pain, but it's much less severe than before. I untaped it last night, but didn't get a chance to re-tape it today before being out and about and on my feet for a bit. The conclusion I've drawn is that it does still need to be taped. The stability might be primarily for aiding the healing, but it also helps ease the pain (or at least distract from it). So I'll be keeping it taped for a while longer.
Last Week's Goal(s): Total failure, but this week I can't blame that on my toe.
Next Event Goal: Still planning on the Arlington 9/11 Memorial 5K.
This Week's Goals: Same as last week and maybe I'll actually accomplish them this time: (1) Work on a nutrition plan. (2) Attempt some yoga or some other exercise that doesn't necessarily involve the toe. (3) Get a new battery for my pedometer.

Analysis: I had some naive hope that maybe my toe would be significantly better after a week and I could resume short walks already, but this has not been the case. So it looks like another week of rest for me, though the pain is manageable enough that I can do normal physical activity like running errands. I just can't run as many errands at a time as usual because I walk, or limp rather, very slowly. Since I didn't work on my nutrition plan, I also didn't follow any sort of plan, so I'm lucky I didn't gain anything this week. But I can't keep relying on luck, so I need to get down to business this week. What I can't currently achieve through exercise, I need to achieve through healthy eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment