Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Motivation Continues to Build {Weekly Summary}

Weight: 217 lbs.
Weekly Change: N/A
Overall Change: -2 from "starting weight" of 219
Next goal weight: 214
BMI: 31.1 (obese) (using this calculator)
Waist Circumference: Forgot to measure but probably still 38.5 inches
Disease Risk: Very High (according to this chart)
Jeans Size: 18/20 (depends on the day)
Total Workouts: 2
Total Running Time: 3 minutes
Total Running Distance: .25 mile
Longest Single Run: 3 min/.25 mile
Progress on Training Plan(s): I am in Week 4 of this Couch to 5K program .
Status of Busted Toe: Still sore off and on. Did some research and realized it's probably going to take a really long time to heal completely. If the pain ever gets bad enough, I might consider getting it lanced to relieve the pressure. *shudder*
Last Week's Goal(s): Totally failed on all of my goals. I thought I might have a shot at getting three workouts in, but after hiking with a baby on my back on Saturday, my left ankle was really sore on Sunday and I decided to skip my run. I'm still not at the point yet where I'm tough enough to run through pain. And I'm still having lots of trouble remembering to do my crunches and push ups every day. Also you may have noticed that I've been slacking off big time on this blog.
Next Event Goal: I'm not officially saying I'm definitely aiming for this race, but my friend Jack and I are discussing maybe reprising the fun the we had in the inaugural Semper Fi 5K. This year's event is June 30th. I'd love to be able to complete a 5K by then, but I'll probably wait another month before determining whether this is a realistic goal. Update: I REALLY need to get my butt in gear if this is going to be possible!!
Next Week's Goals: Okay, THIS is the week when I will finally complete three runs! And I will remember my crunches and push ups nearly every day! And I will blog more than once!!! I probably ought to leave it at those three as-yet-unrealized goals, but there's one more thing I really want to do. We have a couple of bicycles in our shed that the previous owners of our home left behind. This week, I'd like to get one of those bikes out and do whatever needs to be done to get it functional, so I can start riding on the weekends as early as next week!

Analysis: It was a disappointing and frustrating week, but at least it further fueled my motivation. Getting so worn out from hiking reminded me of one of the big reasons I want to get fit. I love hiking, and I want our family to do active things together on the weekends. Once upon a time, I could survive an all-day hike, but now I end up exhausted and sore after about an hour. That's just not acceptable to me, not what I want for my life. Even if my progress continues to be slow, I WILL keep working toward my goals so I can have the energy and strength to enjoy an active lifestyle for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment