Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Baby, You Were Born to Run!

He has arrived! My running partner (whether he liked it or not) for my first 10K and my third 5K has made his entry into the world outside my body. He was born a week ago today, weighing 8 lbs 6.6 oz at 20.5 inches long. So far he is healthy and seems just about perfect to me. I am in love!!!

One last look at how huge I was during surgery prep:


Finally out of my belly and in my arms! Yay!


His first day at home: We chose a "going home outfit" that reflected what was important in my life when he came into existence, and what we hope will be important to our whole family on into the future!


My c-section recovery is going well so far, but I will write more about that tomorrow. For now I just wanted to introduce you to the latest love of my life. :)

2 comments:

  1. He's absolutely adorable, April!!! I am so happy for you and your entire family. Enjoy the "early days," because you know just as well as I do that they fly by way too fast. Sending you hugs across the miles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo is too cute! I am glad you got a good photo of him in the onesie.

    ReplyDelete