Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Famous Last Words... {Weekly Summary}

Total # of Workouts: 2
Total # of Runs: 2
Longest run without walking (time): 15 minutes
Highest total running mileage in one day: approx. 2.0 miles
Total running mileage for the week: approx. 4.0 miles
Fastest speed sustained over a mile: approx. 5 mph (12 min mile)
Progress on training plans: I'm still on day 9 of my "30-day" ab challenge -- it's going to take a few more attempts before I'm able to complete it, especially because I keep taking so many days off in between workouts. I am in week 6 of the 5K training plan that I'm somewhat following.
Progress on safety goals: Started researching self-defense classes.
Injury Report: Still fighting the sinus gunk. Really tired of it. Also had an untimely mild head injury Sunday that precluded my third run of the week. I'll discuss that more in the analysis below.
Weight: 225
Weekly Change: -1
Overall Change: -5 from starting weight of 230
BMI: 32.7 (obese)
Jean Size: 20
Waist Circumference: 40.5 inches
Next Goal Weight: I met my first goal of staying under 230 for an entire month! And even better than that, I also met what was going to be my next goal of hitting 225 pounds! So NOW my next goal is 220, and when I reach that I will have lost all the weight I've gained in the past year since my daughter was born.
Next event goal: None yet.
Last week's goals: (1) Incomplete: I ran only two times. (2) Incomplete: I did 2 ab workouts. (3) Incomplete: I wrote only two blog posts.
This week's goals: (1) Run 3 times. (2) Do 3 ab workouts. (3) Write 3 or more blog posts, including this one.
had an
Analysis: I think every time I make bold declarations, I only end up jinxing myself. As determined as I was to meet my goals this week, I just couldn't get it done. I was fully prepared to run on the treadmill Sunday evening and then follow that up with an ab workout, but my 2-year-old son had other plans for me. He threw a hard toy and it hit me in the forehead, causing a small bump and a wicked headache. I spent the rest of the evening lying on the couch, hoping for the ibuprofen to kick in. Exercise simply was not happening. On the bright side, I ran yesterday instead, so rather than suffer through a rainy-day treadmill run, I got to savor a beautiful spring day outdoor run, and it went fabulously! All's well that ends well? At least I've gotten this week off to a good start, so barring any more unforeseen accidents, this could be the week when I finally meet my 3-3-3 goals. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment