Monday, February 24, 2014

Slow Progress is Better Than No Progress {Weekly Summary}

Total # of Workouts: 2
Total # of Runs: 2
Longest run without walking (time): 9 minutes
Highest total running mileage in one day: approx. 1.25 miles
Total running mileage for the week: approx. 2.25 miles
Fastest speed sustained over a mile: N/A
Progress on training plans: I'm on day 9 of my 30-day ab challenge (which will probably end up taking me more like 90 days to complete). I'm in week 3 of the 5K training plan that I'm somewhat following.
Progress on safety goals: Still slowly getting stronger and faster. Have not pursued self-defense classes yet.
Injury Report: Nothing now. My cold was rough for a couple of days but it's already gone.
Weight: 231
Weekly Change: +2
Overall Change: +1 from new starting weight of 230
BMI: 33.6 (obese)
Jean Size: 20
Waist Circumference: Have not measured lately
Next Goal Weight: My first goal is just to stay under 230 for a whole month. I need to stop losing and gaining the same 2-4 pounds over and over again.
Next event goal: None yet.
Last week's goals: (1) Incomplete: I ran only 2 times. (2) Incomplete: I did only 2 ab workouts. (3) Complete! I wrote a second post last week!
This week's goals: (1) Run 3 times. (2) Do at least 5 ab workouts. (3) Write 3 or more blog posts, including this one.

Analysis: Naturally I'm frustrated not to have achieved all three of my goals for the week, but at least I came close. If I hadn't had a cold, I might have done more! I just need to keep showing up, keep trying, and never quit. Soon I will have more wins than losses when it comes to meeting my goals. I don't really have anything else to say about this week, though I do have ideas for more posts. Hopefully I will be back here again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment