Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Starting (Again) From the Middle {Weekly Summary}

Total # of Workouts: 2
Total # of Runs: 2
Longest run without walking (time): 30 minutes
Highest total running mileage in one day: approx. 2.5 miles
Total running mileage for the week: approx. 5 miles
Fastest speed sustained over a mile: approx. 5 mph (12 min mile)
Progress on training plans: I'm on day 5 of the ab challenge after starting over from the beginning. I repeated week 8 of my 5K training plan, but now I've designed a new training plan based on some shifting goals for the summer.
Progress on safety goals: I'm still considering doing self-defense classes this summer, but I'm not sure if I'll have time. More on that in another post.
Injury Report: I'm still having trouble with my knees but I've realized that I can minimize the pain by wearing only flats, no heels, for the rest of the day after running. Heels are fine on my non-running days. I had some back pain over the weekend that kept me from getting in my 3rd run for the week. I'm just not that familiar with back pain so I'm a little hesitant to risk making it worse. It went away after a few days and I hope it doesn't return anytime soon.
Weight: 224
Weekly Change: None
Overall Change: -6 from starting weight of 230
BMI: 32.6 (obese)
Jean Size: 20
Waist Circumference: 40.5 inches
Next Goal Weight: 220, and when I reach that I will have lost all the weight I've gained in the past year since my daughter was born.
Next event goal: No official goals set, but I have my eye on a couple of events this summer. I'll discuss those in a separate post this week!
Last week's goals: (1) FAIL: Ran only 2 times. (2) ACHIEVED! I did 3 ab workouts! Yay! (3) FAIL: Only wrote one blog post.
This week's goals: (1) Run 3 times. (2) Renew pool pass and swim at least once. (3) Write 3 or more blog posts, including this one.

Analysis: I feel pretty good about getting back on track with the ab workouts. I could definitely feel how much strength I'd lost from not doing them in weeks, but it wasn't as difficult to get started this time as it was the first time, so I guess I didn't lose ALL of my progress. Yay! If it weren't for the back pain, I think I finally would have achieved my goal of running three times in a week, and that continued failure is a continued frustration as well. Maybe this will finally be my week! I'm still struggling with getting up early every morning -- if I can conquer that obstacle, then I should have no trouble getting in enough runs and other workouts every week! And as for Goal #3, I think this might be my week for that too, because I need to devote a little space to my new focus. So be on the lookout for more posts, possibly as soon as this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment