Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Nothing to See Here {Weekly Summary}

Weight: 224
Weekly Change: None
Overall Change: -1 from my new "starting weight" of 225 a few weeks ago
Next goal weight: 220
BMI: 32.6 (obese) (using this calculator)
Waist Circumference: 40 inches, I think...haven't measured in a while
Disease Risk: Very High (according to this chart)
Jeans Size: 20
Total Workouts: 5
Total Walks: 5
Total Other Workouts: 0
Progress on Training Plan(s): Not working on any sort of training plan at the moment.
Injury Report: The toe healed nicely after the ingrown nail was cut out. There is still pain, but that is from a toenail fungus (ew!) that I can't yet afford to treat. I want to do the laser treatment rather than the topical products that don't really work or the drugs that have scary side effects. Unfortunately, the laser treatment is considered cosmetic and not covered by insurance, so it might be a while until I can save up for it. Meanwhile I'll just tough it out whenever the toe hurts.
Next Event Goal: None on the horizon at the moment. I'm focusing on establishing exercise as a routine, and healthier eating habits, and making fitness a priority even within my insanely busy schedule. Additionally, money is really tight right now and race fees are a luxury I can do without.
Last Week's Goal(s): Didn't really set any.
This Week's Goals: (1) Do one exercise other than walking. (2) Work on more blog posts (even if they're not completed). (3) Measure my waist.

Analysis: A lot has changed since the last time I did one of these weekly update posts. Once my toe healed, I was in a long period of transition in which I went back to work and my kids returned to school and fall activities. Now our busy schedule is in full swing, but fortunately I am able to exercise! We faced some major car trouble (both cars broken down at once -- that was a bit of a nightmare, but we lived through it!) that forced me to try out a train commute to work. It was a blessing in disguise, because I absolutely love taking the train! It's so much less stressful than driving, and even though it takes longer, part of that time is built-in exercise when I walk about a mile from the station to my office building. Eventually I do want to add in more/other exercise, but this is a great start and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. As my last post indicated, I'm also starting to put the brakes on my runaway train of bad eating habits. I'm doing reasonably well with that so far, in my humble opinion. Hopefully soon I'll start to see some gradual results on the scale and in how my clothes fit. I'm setting my goals pretty small and vague for this coming week. It's been a long time since I've had much success with the goals I've set here, so I want to build my confidence up before pushing myself too hard. We'll see if it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment