Friday, August 15, 2014

She Has a Name!

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful name suggestions! I loved them all, and I appreciate that you took some time to think of such meaningful and clever names.

Ultimately, the name that I chose is the one with the most multi-layered meaning, while also appealing to my fondness for alliteration. And that name is....

...drumroll...

Trinity the Tri Trek!

What is a triathlon but a trinity of sports? I love the parallel: God in three Persons, race in three disciplines. I will be praying for my safety through the race, and now I have the idea to structure my prayers around the Holy Trinity: during the swim I will pray to God the Father, during the bike it will be Jesus, His Son, and during the run I will be begging the Holy Spirit to help me get to the finish line alive! :)

The name Trinity was submitted by Candice, who has now been mentioned on my blog nearly as much as my family! Okay, just kidding, but she's definitely a popular figure around here since she's the reason I'm about to do what I'm about to do the day after tomorrow. I did not pick her name suggestion just because of her part in this story, but I do think it's really special that she's the one who came up with the name I ended up liking the most.

From now on, when I talk about my good buddy, the bike, I will call her Trinity (and hope that no one thinks it means I'm a fan of The Matrix movies, because I am not, at all! hahaha)

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment