Thursday, October 28, 2010

Photographic Evidence

As promised, I am finally sharing some pictures from my second (and first successful) 5K. Consider this proof that I really did run the race and I'm not just making all this up. :)

See? Look at the joy on my face! :) This is my friend Jack and me after we finished the race.


Here we are just getting started...



And here we are approaching the finish line!!!



My hero! Thanks again, Jack! I couldn't have done this without you, and I appreciate your true friendship!!


So there you have it. I really did complete a 5K like I told you!! I hope I have some similarly triumphant pictures after this weekend's 10K, no matter how the run actually goes. :)

As far as my training goes, I did get out and run 35 minutes this morning. Breathing was still a little strained, and I had a lot of coughing after the run was over, but I can definitely tell that my cold is mostly gone. I feel reasonably ready for Sunday...I at least feel ready to give it my all and have a good time! Tomorrow or Saturday I will post some last-minute thoughts and my goals for the race. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I love you, April! I'm so proud of you! Especially that we caught that lady in the purple shirt and blew by her! :) -- Jack

    ReplyDelete